The Town of Spiritwood is accepting applications for Recreation Director. This is a salaried, permanent full time position with an excellent benefit & pension package.
The community boasts a vibrant recreation base including a new Skating Arena, Curling and Bowling Facility, ball diamonds, and parks.
- Coordinate recreation, sport, leisure, and cultural programs, activities, and events for the community;
- Prepare, present and manage the annual Parks and Recreation budget in coordination with strategic planning;
- Investigate, apply, manage and follow-up grant opportunities;
- Hire and train program leaders and work with existing leaders to ensure overall program safety, enjoyment, and success;
- Create, distribute, and manage all program and event advertisements and promotion for Parks and Recreation;
- Work with community organizations and attend meetings to help make all programs and events in the community successful;
- Deal effectively with staff, elected officials, community volunteers, and general public;
- Promote and advertise all recreation, culture, sport, and community run opportunities on the town’s website, social media, bulletin boards, and at events;
- Monitor, maintain, and manage recreation equipment and facilities in the community.
- Post-Secondary degree/certificate in Recreation Administration preferred. Experience working in a municipal recreation setting is an asset;
- Must be adaptable and creative;
- Proficient computer skills working with Microsoft programs, Quick Books and social media;
- Time Management skills and the ability to be self-directed;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, organizational and relationship skills;
- Financial management skills, demonstrate experience in creating and managing budgets and writing reports;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and partnership with others;
- Valid class 5 drivers license.
Please send Resume, References and Range of Salary Expectations to:
Town of Spiritwood
Spiritwood, Sask. S0J 2M0
Attention: Rhonda Saam, CAO
Applications will be accepted until 4:00pm Friday August 18th, 2017 or until a suitable candidate is found. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Spiritwood is always accepting resumes!
Please send resume, and references to:
Town of Spiritwood
Box 460, Spiritwood, SK S0J 2M0
Phone: 306-883-2161 Fax: 306-883-3212